YELLOWEST YELLOW POTION - high grade professional acrylic paint, by Stuart Semple 3.4 fl oz (100ml)
lemon sherbet scented
3.4 fl oz (100ml)
Potions are made in small batches in a paint factory attached to Stuart's studio in England, These are extremely special paints that only use the very best pure acrylic resins, they're mega-saturated with the finest quality pigments in the world. Stuart has also added a distinctive scent to each of his colour creations. Unlike other commercial paint brands (mentioning no names) there's absolutely no scrimping on quantity or quality of ingredients here.
Stuart has designed these paints to withstand the demands and challenges of today's contemporary painters.These are not student quality or craft quality paints, These super potent mixes are made to pack a punch on a variety of surfaces..
In the usual open-source spirit, these paints have been designed to play perfectly with almost any other acrylic paint or medium that you might already be using.
POTION can be used on canvas, paper, wood, plaster, fabric, masonry and almost any non-slick, non-oily surface.
- Air dry in approx 30 mins at 21 degrees centigrade, re-coat after 3 hours.
- Water resistant when dry
- Water soluble when wet
- Brush - straight from bottle
- Roller - dilute with 10% water
- Airbrush / spray - dilute with 20 - 25% water
- Outdoors - yes!
- Lightfastness - no fluorescent paint is lightfast so you if you want longevity you will need an anti-uv varnish or picture frame
- Archival quality - of course
- Coverage - one bottle approx 2.4 x 2.4 meters (varies depending on absorbency tested on gesso'd canvas)
- Fabric - yes it sticks well to most fabrics. It will make it stiff, if you add water it might reduce the colour. When dry, it's permanent so no heat setting needed. Hand wash clothes and dry on the line. Leave for 5 days before first wash.
- Compatibility with other acrylics & mediums - plays nicely with most mediums and acrylic paint brands.
- Scents - fade after about an hour of drying ;P
- Clean up - wash with warm soapy water, don't let it dry on your brush.
IMPORTANT: these neon potions are NOT as opaque as Stuart's other potions so be prepared to build up a few thin layers (allowing to dry between coats) we recommend a good basecoat of a light colour OR in an ideal situation a complimentary colour in this case we would recommend our happy potion as the perfect base colour.
*Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this paint will not make its way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.
*disclaimer: we're not actually sure if this is the worlds yellowest yellow ever, it could well be! It's the yellowest we could come up with, and we've not seen anything yellower.