SUPERBASE by Stuart Semple is the mattest, flattest acrylic base medium on the planet. Now with an improved formula!
- You don’t need to mix powder with water beforehand
- Creates a smoother consistency
- Less Superbase needed and it goes a whole lot further!
It's very very special and still smells of black cherries!
If you are looking to create highly pigmented, super-matt, ultra-flat paint finishes, and you want to paint them on all sorts of weird and wonderful surfaces - then this is the stuff.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Squeeze out some Superbase
- Gradually stir in powder colour, pigment or acrylic paint until it makes a thick paste
- Slowly stir in small amounts of water until all lumps are gone and the desired flow is achieved
- Use like paint
The health and safety bit
Okay, it’s a potion which means its got chemicals in it. They’re not toxic BUT you don’t want to drink them or get them in your eyes.
Please don’t paint hot things with it, when it heats up it can give out some nasty fumes - so no painting lightbulbs, radiators etc.. If you’ve got kids please keep an eye on them we don't want them drinking any either!
As always we love to see what you make with these materials so please show us what you do!