NOT ALL OBSESSIONS ARE UNHEALTHY
After seven years in the making, it’s here. Black 4.0 is without a doubt the blackest black paint in the known universe. Born out of Stuart Semple’s obsession to share utterly unique art materials that elevate your art, here is a material that has never seen before by the human eye.
When Stuart’s obsession came into contact with Anish Kapoor not letting people have Vantablack it led him down a black hole that has resulted in the release of Black 4.0.
See for yourself. Once you’ve seen this Black you’ll never look back.
YOU THINK IT'S PRETTY HOT
- "Thank you CultureHustle & Stuart Semple for this opportunity as an artist, it means a lot" @kinesis.and.calamity
- "Got to say 4.0 was a dream to paint with went down so smooth and dried quickly." @thecatasmodeus
- "Come and See and I Saw" @daviddeclansheahan
- "It’s next level" @thewonderprojekt
- "The 4.0 has great coverage and such a smooth consistency." @brunskiwaa
BLACK 4 DOES THIS...
- Absorbs all the light in the universe as well as other universes
- Works on all surfaces
- Thins with water
- No cooking, Vacuum chambers or massive ego needed
- Brush or airbrush
- High quality pigments means a little travels light years
- The mattest, flattest black you'll ever see
SO YOU CAN DO THIS.
Black 4 is created by us but ultimately made by our incredible, resilient, patient, supportive community of artists. We recognise the brave artists who tested the Black 4 Founders Edition and let us know how we could make it better.
max your BLACK 4.0
- Use a nice soft brush
- Use at room temperature
- Use as little as possible. Spread evenly
- Allow to dry between coats
- Seal pourous surfaces with 25% PVA and 75% water
- Prime shiny surfaces with primer or Black 2.0
- Share your work with #sharetheblack